HTML5 Client Software Developer
HTML5 Client Software Developer
bgo Studios has opened a London office to incubate an exciting new gaming division. The goal is to build world class slot machines for delivery on web, social, and mobile. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing and talented team and experience the product journey from inception to production and beyond.
bgo Studios is the production house for bgo Entertainment, a rapidly growing gaming company with a focus on technology. Our existing brand portfolio is well known throughout the industry, most notably: bgo.com, Costa Bingo, City Bingo, Sing Bingo, Fancy Bingo, and Casino Choice.
We have offices in London, Norwich, and Gibraltar. For further information see bgoworld.com.
We are looking for a talented and experienced client software developer to develop our front end slot machine engine. You will be experienced in HTML5 and work closely with the team to create a series of mobile HTML5 slot games to integrate into our in-house apps. The successful candidate will be adept at writing clean code and you will pride yourself in every aspect of your work including design, test, code, planning, and documentation. Excellent communication and problem solving skills are essential as well as the ability to work independently and as a part of the team.
• Developing the mobile slot framework including selection of libraries and tools
• Working closely with the client software development and server teams.
• Producing meaningful unit tests, documentation and configuration to support all code developed
• Helping to accurately capture technical requirements and set coding standards and conventions in conjunction with the server engineer and technical lead.
• Work closely with the design and maths team to ensure their creative vision is realised accurately and successfully.
• Help set coding standards and guidelines
• Producing documentation
• A minimum of 3 years professional experience
• Unit testing experience
• Game development experience
• Proficient in the use of OOP techniques and methodologies
• Strong knowledge of UI design patterns and models
• Solid knowledge of the software development lifecycle
• Keen to share knowledge and learn from others
• Willing to pick up additional tasks as required, outside of the core specialism of HTML5
• Passionate about games, with a solid understanding of game-play mechanics
• Prior experience in the gaming industry
• Experience developing slot machine front ends
• Experience working with XML-based web services
• Phaser.io, Pixi.js, Require.js, Node.js
• Unit testing with Jasmine
• Photoshop (Basic Understanding)
• An interest in, or knowledge of emerging technologies.
The successful candidate will be:
• Writes tools to ease their own (and their team’s) workflow
• Prides themselves on their software craftsmanship
• A highly creative individual bursting with ideas
• Able to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
• Ambitious, loyal and hard working.
• Excellent in communicating confidently, clearly and effectively.
• Competitive with a passion for gaming.
• Ideally experienced in the gaming or gambling industry
Reports to: Client Software Engineer
Based: Mayfair, London